For the past 20 years, Skip and Linda Roadcap have been hauling their herd all over the country via corporate America, Shenandoah Valley Virginia, Milwaukee Wisconsin, North West Arkansas, Albert Lea Minnesota and finally landed in the Oklahoma City Area. . . . TO STAY. That’s to say we have officially “bought the farm!”
Over the course of years of travel we have had the opportunity to ride and audit with many clinicians from Dressage master Walter Zettl, Dominique Barbier and Aaron Wilson to Natural Horsemanship greats such as Pat and Linda Parelli and Buck Brannaman all of whom’s techniques are natural. What is “Natural” you ask? Natural is communication in a way that is easily understood from the horse’s perspective, recognizing that horses have innate characteristics causing them to behave in particular ways. Horses don’t think like humans; they don’t understand the English language. They do understand body language and of course they can be taught word commands, but they are after all still a horse; ever so exquisite, intelligent, curious, and forgiving.
Join us at R-Squared Ranch for day and over night trail riding adventures exploring state parks and Equine facilities around the area like Arcadia Lake, Lake Carl Blackwell, Horse Heaven, Gloss Mountain, Roman Nose, Belle Cow, and many others!
Full care 12×10 stall fed quality hay and grain twice daily, with daily turn out in large paddocks with shelter and water, $350.
Pasture board with water and shelters, hay fed when necessary, $150.
- 27 rolling acres of pasture with a lovely shaded pond
- Loafing sheds
- Tack/Feed Room
- Foaling stall 20×12′
- 6 Stalls 10×12′
- 40′ Round pen
- Dressage Arena
- Trail course
- Trailer Parking
TRAINING AND LESSONS
- Natural Horsemanship/Foundation Training/Tune-ups
- Whatever discipline is your passion, it starts with a solid foundation.
- Improve your relationship with your horse through communication, without intimidation or fear.
- Whether you ride Western or English, enjoy showing, trail riding or horse camping you and your horse will become better prepared to reach your goals.
- Bring your horse or use one of our beautiful Ranch horses.
Conveniently located 6 minutes east of I-35 and historic Guthrie, OK on state highway 33. Just 20 minutes to either Edmond or Stillwater, OK. and 30 minutes to OKC.